Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I reset AP-125 to default settings with no serial, and default login/IP?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How do I reset AP-125 to default settings with no serial, and default login/IP?

Posted May 01, 2015 10:50 AM

I am getting a "used" (supposedly open, but never used) AP-125.

How would I go about fully resetting the unit without a serial connection, and then assuming no DHCP assigns it anything, what would be default login and IP information?

• 2.  RE: How do I reset AP-125 to default settings with no serial, and default login/IP?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 01, 2015 10:56 AM
    You might want to power it up on the same subnet as an existing controller to see if it connects to it.

• 3.  RE: How do I reset AP-125 to default settings with no serial, and default login/IP?

Posted May 01, 2015 11:23 AM

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I intend to use this as a standalone unit, not as part of a controller.

• 4.  RE: How do I reset AP-125 to default settings with no serial, and default login/IP?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 01, 2015 11:25 AM
    Unfortunately, the AP125 does not come as an IAP or standalone unit. It never has..

• 5.  RE: How do I reset AP-125 to default settings with no serial, and default login/IP?

Posted May 01, 2015 11:27 AM

Oh, someone told me that all the APs and IAPs had the option to go between the two configurations, was I misinformed?

• 6.  RE: How do I reset AP-125 to default settings with no serial, and default login/IP?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 01, 2015 11:29 AM
    The AP125 is an older model that does not have that capability.

• 7.  RE: How do I reset AP-125 to default settings with no serial, and default login/IP?

Posted May 01, 2015 11:31 AM

What is the lowest end current model that does have that capability? (Wireless G and N, vlans, and multiple SSID are my only requirements)

• 8.  RE: How do I reset AP-125 to default settings with no serial, and default login/IP?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 01, 2015 11:36 AM

• 9.  RE: How do I reset AP-125 to default settings with no serial, and default login/IP?

Posted May 01, 2015 11:39 AM

Ok, thank you. I'll look into other options.

Hopefully the AP125 is in the condition I was told and I can resell it to someone who does use a controller.