Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How do you delete old entries out of an Aruba controller 3600 AP database?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  How do you delete old entries out of an Aruba controller 3600 AP database?

Posted Mar 11, 2014 03:28 PM

I have several RAP 5 devices provisioned in an Aruba 3600 controller that we have been decommisioning and repurposing for new locations.  When I go into the GUI, I would delete it out of the whitelist, enter the new information and provision the profile information and it would come online.  However in the CLI, when I do a show AP database, the old entry still exists along with the new one.   Is there a more efficient way to delete old entries so that it wipes all information accross the tables and databases?

• 2.  RE: How do you delete old entries out of an Aruba controller 3600 AP database?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 11, 2014 03:33 PM

There is a clear command in the CLI.  However, in the UI, go to Monitoring --> access points.  Find the entries for the old RAPs and you can click the Clear button all the way to the right in the table

• 3.  RE: How do you delete old entries out of an Aruba controller 3600 AP database?

Posted Mar 12, 2014 02:01 AM

clear gap-db wired-mac <MAC of AP> to do it from the CLI

• 4.  RE: How do you delete old entries out of an Aruba controller 3600 AP database?

Posted Nov 06, 2014 12:47 PM

Good morning, 

I have a similar issue but with a twist. I have removed the AP from the GUI and from CLI, but when I go back into the controller GUI and look, the AP is still present. Has anyone seen this issue before?

Thanks in advance!

• 5.  RE: How do you delete old entries out of an Aruba controller 3600 AP database?

Posted Nov 06, 2014 01:15 PM
    it needs to be removed from the master

• 6.  RE: How do you delete old entries out of an Aruba controller 3600 AP database?

Posted Nov 12, 2014 05:31 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I did confirm that the AP was deleted from the Master controller.