Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How do you delete / remove an SSID from OS 6.3.1 by GUI or CLI?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  How do you delete / remove an SSID from OS 6.3.1 by GUI or CLI?

Posted Jun 11, 2015 08:41 AM

7210 controller w/ OS 6.3.1.10

I created a test SSID using the GUI

What is best way to delete remove it? Using GUI? I am ubable to remove it because I get this error -

"Error processing command 'no wlan ssid-profile LEEDS-Guest':SSID Profile "LEEDS-Guest" is in use."

Or by using CLI? what are the commands?

Thank You in advance

• 2.  RE: How do you delete / remove an SSID from OS 6.3.1 by GUI or CLI?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 11, 2015 09:03 AM

Configuration> Wireless> AP Configuration>  Click on AP-Group.  Expand Wireless LAN.  Click on Virtual AP.  Delete the Virtual AP that has been configured.

• 3.  RE: How do you delete / remove an SSID from OS 6.3.1 by GUI or CLI?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 11, 2015 09:03 AM

The SSID Profile is attached to a VirtualAP Profile.  To see this, from the GUI, press the "Show References" button on the SSID profile screen so see where it's mapped to.

Once you figure out the VirtualAP profile, check to see if that profile is tied to an AP Group.  If so, remove it from the group, delete the VirtualAP profile (or assign another SSID profile) and then remove the SSID profile.

If you wish to just "stop broadcasting" the SSID, then just remove the Virtual AP profile from the active AP group.