Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How does flash manage Configs between partitions on controller?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How does flash manage Configs between partitions on controller?

Posted Jul 23, 2014 03:57 AM

Hi

How does a Controller manage config files between diffrent partitions? Reason being is I have a partition running 6.3.1.8 and the other on 6.3.1.1. My config is saved in default.cfg

When I boot into 6.3.1.8 quite a large portion of config is missing, however when I boot my partition with 6.3.1.1 the config loads as expected.

Does the config files live on a third partition, do they live in on a flash ROM or is there a copy of each file in each partition??? 

Kind Regards

Hendrik

• 2.  RE: How does flash manage Configs between partitions on controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 23, 2014 04:44 AM

It should be the same copy of the config.  It should be no different.  What part of the config is missing?

• 3.  RE: How does flash manage Configs between partitions on controller?

Posted Jul 23, 2014 04:53 AM

Hi

When booting with partition where 6.3.1.8 my VAPs and IP config (I have also noticed my defaul 802.1x auth profile missing) for the controller is missing - rebooting into 6.3.1.1 it is back again as normal.

What syntax can I give to the "copy" command to manually copy the config from partition 1 to partition 0

• 4.  RE: How does flash manage Configs between partitions on controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 23, 2014 04:56 AM

Both configs reside in flash, and do not exist in separate partitions.  You can copy it by using "copy flash: oldfilename flash: new filename"  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/copy.htm

• 5.  RE: How does flash manage Configs between partitions on controller?

Posted Jul 23, 2014 05:03 AM

Thanks Joseph - Will give it a try and let you know how it goes. Currently the system is running and I will need to wait for downtime to see if copying the config to a new name and booting from it will give me any luck.