Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How enable Airtime Fairness

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  How enable Airtime Fairness

Posted Jan 18, 2012 12:24 AM

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to find anywhere to check (or enable) if airtime fairness is tunred on.

We have 3800 controllers and AP105's - with ARM enabled. I can see options for Band Steering - but not Airtime Fairness.

IS this visible through the GUI or only CLI?

Thanks

Wally

• 2.  RE: How enable Airtime Fairness

Posted Jan 18, 2012 02:35 AM
    Enabling Traffic Shaping Traffic shaping is configured in an traffic management profile. In the WebUI To configure traffic shaping via the WebUI: 1. Select Configuration > All Profiles. The All Profile Management window opens. 2. Select QoS to expand the QoS section. 3. Select Traffic management profile. 4. In the Profiles Details window, select the name of the traffic management profile for which you want to configure traffic shaping. (If you do not have any traffic management profiles configured, enter a name for a new profile in the Profile Details pane, then click Add. Select the new profile from the profiles list.) 5. In the Profile Details pane, click the Station Shaping Policy drop-down list and select either default-access, fair-access or preferred-access. 6. Click Apply to save your changes.

• 3.  RE: How enable Airtime Fairness

Posted Jan 18, 2012 02:36 AM
    Oops sorry that didn't format very well!

• 4.  RE: How enable Airtime Fairness

Posted Jan 18, 2012 04:36 AM

Many thanks for the fast response:

2 questions.

1. If I set the Shaping policy do the other settings for Proportaional Bandwidth Allocation and Report Interval stay as default?

2. What is the difference using the All Profiles option rather than going in via Wireless AP configuration the QOS / 802.11a Traffic Mgt Profile option there?

Many thanks

Wally

• 5.  RE: How enable Airtime Fairness

Posted Jan 18, 2012 04:47 AM

1. Yes.

2. If looking at it from the All profiles route you will need to ensure that the traffic management profile you created is actually applied to the VAP you want to shape.

• 6.  RE: How enable Airtime Fairness

Posted Aug 02, 2012 12:43 PM

Heloi got a question

on the part of Share(%) what does this mean? i tried looking on the manual but it doesnt mention anything of it so i don tknow what does this mean can anyone enlight me?