Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How frequent Aruba AP try find the controller after provision but controller down

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How frequent Aruba AP try find the controller after provision but controller down

Posted Oct 23, 2012 09:15 AM

How frequent Aruba AP try find the Aruba controller after provision but when controller was down? Provisioned Aruba AP will keep how many tries find Aruba Controller?

If Aruba controller down for 2 to 3 days and up again restore the configuration, will Aruba AP automatically find the Aruba controller? Because i notice that even thought Aruba AP already provision and when Aruba controller back online it does not report back to controller. It need restart the Aruba AP in order to let Aruba AP report back to controller.

• 2.  RE: How frequent Aruba AP try find the controller after provision but controller down

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2012 09:43 AM

The Aruba AP will try continously, but will  probably reboot every few minutes.

If you have control plane security on on the new controller and the access point is not in the CAP whitelist, the access point will not be able to connect.  The access point will also have to upgrade or downgrade to code that matches the controller it is attempting to connect to, so that will take time.  If you either turn off control plane security, or you allow auto certs, the AP should be able to connect.

• 3.  RE: How frequent Aruba AP try find the controller after provision but controller down
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 23, 2012 10:02 AM

Yes, i enable the Control Plane Security  with allow auto certs and access point already in the Campus Access Point whitelist.

Aruba controller before down and after online use same Aruba OS firmware.

Controller already back online more than 24 hours but it only able to connect controller when i restart the access point. 

Please advise.

• 4.  RE: How frequent Aruba AP try find the controller after provision but controller down

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2012 10:16 AM

The AP might be trying with its old certificate and failing.  If you type "show log system 50" you might see what is going on.

• 5.  RE: How frequent Aruba AP try find the controller after provision but controller down

Posted Oct 23, 2012 09:32 PM

I have another customer face same problem AP not report back to controller, but the environment is different. They relocate the Controller from Location A to Location B. But they doesn't notice some of the AP doesn't report back to controller.

After 2 to 3 days, they relocate back from Location B to Location A. But still some of the AP doesn't report back to the controller (more than 24 hours)  until i restart the AP, then AP report back to controller.

My customer want to know why it doesn't automatically connect back to controller. Please advise.

• 6.  RE: How frequent Aruba AP try find the controller after provision but controller down

Posted Dec 04, 2012 02:16 AM

have your find any solution for that?

• 7.  RE: How frequent Aruba AP try find the controller after provision but controller down

Posted Dec 05, 2012 10:04 AM

Hi Syed,

Already solve. it should be Cisco switch  ARP cache problem. Cisco core switch was running CatOS. Because i have try few times now Aruba AP able to find the controller.

• 8.  RE: How frequent Aruba AP try find the controller after provision but controller down

Posted Jan 10, 2013 04:16 AM

Thanks jordontin