Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How many AP groups can I configure ?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  How many AP groups can I configure ?

Posted Oct 08, 2015 01:58 AM

Hi,All

I want to know it.

How many AP groups can you set with a controller?
    In addition, how many SSID profiles can set with a controller?
    Somebody tell me the maximum number.

We are required by a customer. "Being able to be configuring with a controller for 512 groups"

Regards

• 2.  RE: How many AP groups can I configure ?

Posted Oct 08, 2015 05:34 AM

Hi

As such there is no limit for creating AP-Groups in a controller. we can create any number of SSID profiles and VAP profiles limit will be mapping. we can map max 16 VAP profiles to one AP-Group and each VAP can be mapped with one SSID profile. 

Can you explain your use case scenario of creating 512 AP-groups in controller ? are you going to provision separate AP-group to each AP ?

Please feel free to comeback on this.

• 3.  RE: How many AP groups can I configure ?

Posted Oct 08, 2015 06:28 AM

Hi,Venu

Thank you for your response.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    max 16 VAP profiles to one AP-Group and each VAP can be mapped with one SSID profile.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I understood a limit.

Can you explain your use case scenario of creating 512 AP-groups in controller ?
    Yes, I am going to provision separate AP-group to each AP.

I make grouping and want to manage it in 512 groups every area.
    I recognize that there are 16 limits of the SSID.
    I want to distribute a group for the management with a controller.

Regards

• 4.  RE: How many AP groups can I configure ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 08, 2015 06:56 AM

Mika,

AP-Groups are designed to give the same settings to a group of access points.  You should not have a separate ap-group for each access point.

• 5.  RE: How many AP groups can I configure ?

Posted Oct 08, 2015 07:27 AM

HI Mika,

Until and unless you want to broadcast separate SSID per AP we don't need to provision them with separate AP-group.

We can use the same AP-group to provision multiple APs, in case if you want to broadcast same SSID but with some changes per AP you have "AP specific Config " option.

Please look at the above option. managing 512 AP-groups is really very cumbersome

• 6.  RE: How many AP groups can I configure ?

Posted Oct 08, 2015 07:37 AM
    Thank you for your suggestion.
    really useful information.

• 7.  RE: How many AP groups can I configure ?

Posted Oct 08, 2015 07:38 AM
    Thank you for your information!