Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How many users can MAC auth with internal DB AMC 7005

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  How many users can MAC auth with internal DB AMC 7005

Posted Apr 26, 2017 12:09 PM

Hi everyone!

We have a 7005 Aruba controller with ArubaOS 6.5.0.3, in the internal DB we add 52 users (4 guests for tests, and the others employee MAC address devices), but we're experiencing some troubles when adding new employee user/device to the internal DB, and connecting to the SSID (we only use MAC auth due small amount of users) the controller send an error message (like if were redirecting to a captive portal but there isn't one) and that cannot authenticate the user.

I believe this could be the "logon" initial role, but that's the one the controller assign when using the wizard for the creation of the WLAN, but there is also the quantity of users, if I delete one of the created users (guest or employee), the new one can connect with no problem.

I hope you can guide me in order to solve this issue.

Greetings

• 2.  RE: How many users can MAC auth with internal DB AMC 7005
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 26, 2017 02:17 PM
    If you go to the AAA profile assigned try changing the initial role/mac auth default role to authenticated instead of logon or guest and see if it helps

• 3.  RE: How many users can MAC auth with internal DB AMC 7005

Posted Apr 30, 2017 09:58 PM

Hi Fernando,

1. Are you getting any errors while adding new user in the internal database ?

Please try adding a test user from CLI & paste the output:

#local-userdb add username <username> password <password>

2. Paste the following outputs for the user who is having issues in connecting.

config# logging level debugging user-debug <mac-address of user>

# show auth-tracebuf mac <mac-address of user>

• 4.  RE: How many users can MAC auth with internal DB AMC 7005

Posted May 03, 2017 04:19 PM

Hi everyone

Sorry for not posting earlier, I didn't have new user/devices to add, so I couldn't try any of the suggestions you offered me.

Until today, I'm working with the Guest Initial Role, apparently everything is working well, I added 2 user/devices more and both connected with no trouble.

So the initial user role could be the one causing the problem.

Greetings and thanks for all