Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How many users can to support the AP105 with a good service

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How many users can to support the AP105 with a good service

Posted Jan 02, 2012 07:15 PM

Hi everyone,

Our customer is asking us about How many users can to support the AP105 with a good service?

I have looking at the AP105 datasheet but I have no found  information about How many users can to support the AP105 with a good service?

Do you know where I can to find information about it?

Thank you

Wilson

• 2.  RE: How many users can to support the AP105 with a good service

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 02, 2012 07:20 PM

• 3.  RE: How many users can to support the AP105 with a good service

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 03, 2012 12:41 AM

we have deployed AP105s in a various market sectors and so far we have seen it easily support 25-35 users using email, and web base applications.

• 4.  RE: How many users can to support the AP105 with a good service

Posted Jan 03, 2012 08:37 AM

I've seen 60 clients connect to a single AP105.    No one reported any issues.

• 5.  RE: How many users can to support the AP105 with a good service

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 03, 2012 08:40 AM

True.  We have observed the same on occasion, and all of the users were using very well-behaved and resilient applications like web browsing and email.

Your client mix will also determine how many users can connect to an access point.  If your users are all 802.11n, you will definitely be able to host more users, because they will not be degraded by slower 802.11a/b/g clients.  A good presentation just posted at Airheads Dallas about high density WLANs is here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Knowledge-Base/Designing-High-Density-Wireless-LANs/ta-p/20428