Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to Combine 2 different subnets under 1 ssid

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  How to Combine 2 different subnets under 1 ssid

Posted Oct 21, 2012 01:18 PM

Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone could point me in the right direction.  Im having a issue with my AP's not passing traffic from Vlan2 (10.2.0.XXX )  while on Wifi . All APs are setup on VLAN1 with 1 SSIS  . While on the LAN all wired PC from vlan2 can move traffice and get to the Internet with no problem. We have a  DHCP server which  is handing out Vlan1 address ( 172.16.1.1/24 ) to the whole building  but we exceded the block so a new Vlan2  block was made to help with the WiFi connections .  This set up was made before I started . any help would be apprecated .

Router----Pixi firewall-----Catalyist Switch---- Devices  

Pix Firewall- 5151

Catalyist - cisco WS-C4510

APs 6 - AIR-AP1231G-A-K9

• 2.  RE: How to Combine 2 different subnets under 1 ssid

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2012 03:10 PM

You might want to try getting help from Cisco support.

• 3.  RE: How to Combine 2 different subnets under 1 ssid

Posted Oct 21, 2012 11:30 PM

If it works fine using wiring in try downgrading away from latest 6.1.3.4-3.1.0.0.

I'm having a simular issue (going to post about that shortly) and kinda working with support on this.

• 4.  RE: How to Combine 2 different subnets under 1 ssid

Posted Oct 22, 2012 09:56 AM

Where does Aruba fits into your infrastructure?  As per your equipment list, it's all Cisco gear.

I've worked with the Cisco APs and you will need to make sure that VLAN1 and VLAN2 are defined on the APs if you have the APs in VLAN1 and want to pass client traffic on VLAN2.  If you are using both VLAN1 and VLAN2 for wireless (i.e. APs are in VLAN1 but clients are in VLAN2) you need to make sure to trunk both VLANs to each of the APs.  Otherwise this will not work.

An easier solution would be to place all APs in VLAN2 but will require you to change the IPs of all APs if they are using static IPs.

And as Colin pointed out, you are probably better off reaching out to Cisco Support.

Good luck.

-Mike

• 5.  RE: How to Combine 2 different subnets under 1 ssid

Posted Oct 26, 2012 05:42 PM

My experience with Cisco is that they require 1 SSID per VLAN - I don't believe they support mapping 1 SSID to multiple VLANs.