Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to Configure VIA with Master/Local Deployment

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to Configure VIA with Master/Local Deployment

Posted Jul 06, 2015 12:31 PM

I'm configuring VIA for the first time and need some pointers. I've been following these instructions:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/VIA/Configuring_the_VIA_.htm

When it comes to things like authentication and connection profiles, do I need to configure them on the local that will be terminating the VIA sessions? Or should it be configured on the master controller that is used to push configurations down to several local controllers?

Since PEFV is a controller license, I have it set up on the local but can't currently find my license for the master. This means certain configuration elements don't show up on the Master. If I configure them on the local, then hit "Save Configuraiton" on the master, is it going to overwrite the work I've done on the local?

Thanks,

Swack

• 2.  RE: How to Configure VIA with Master/Local Deployment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2015 12:33 PM
    Both controllers will need a PEFV license but everything except VPN pools will be configured on the master and pushed down.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: How to Configure VIA with Master/Local Deployment

Posted Jul 06, 2015 02:29 PM
    Also make sure that the VIA pool / VIA Profile is assigned to the default_via_role if you are planning to have users on the local controller.