Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to Disable Block Acknowledge feature in 802.11n enabled Aruba AP ?

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  How to Disable Block Acknowledge feature in 802.11n enabled Aruba AP ?

Posted Apr 05, 2016 08:34 AM

I would like to disable Block Ack in 11n enabled Aruba AP for my internal testing.Please tell me method for that. 

I know switiching to 11a resolves the question but i would like to keep 11n intact.

• 2.  RE: How to Disable Block Acknowledge feature in 802.11n enabled Aruba AP ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 05, 2016 08:43 AM

I think that is not something that is an option when you enable 802.11n.  That is part of the standard..

• 3.  RE: How to Disable Block Acknowledge feature in 802.11n enabled Aruba AP ?

Posted Apr 05, 2016 08:51 AM

I Agree that BA is part of standard, But my stations are having problem with Block ack so i have permanently disabled it in device. I want to remove ADDBA from AP so want to disable Block Ack in AP.

• 4.  RE: How to Disable Block Acknowledge feature in 802.11n enabled Aruba AP ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 05, 2016 08:52 AM

What device is this?

• 5.  RE: How to Disable Block Acknowledge feature in 802.11n enabled Aruba AP ?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 06, 2016 09:25 AM

You can change MPDU aggregation, block ack, from the command line:

(ArubaController) #configure terminal wlan ht-ssid-profile {profile_name}

(ArubaController)(High-throughput SSID profile "{profile_name}") #no mpdu-agg

From the GUI the change can be made from Configuration > AP Group > Wireless Lan > VAP Profile > SSID > High-throughput SSID (advanced) > MPDU Aggregation unchecked.

I agree with Joseph that this is a standard and you are going to be making this change at the detriment of other device types connecting to this particular SSID.  I would test this in a lab before deploying.  Make sure that this change is applied only to the SSID it is needed.  Don’t assign this to the any of the default profiles.

• 6.  RE: How to Disable Block Acknowledge feature in 802.11n enabled Aruba AP ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 05, 2016 08:43 AM

Are you talking about the WIDS signature for Block Ack attacks? Ah sorry, I only read the body, not the header. I've never seen anyone need to disable. What is the reasoning for it?