Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to add virtual AP and add prefer SSID

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How to add virtual AP and add prefer SSID

Posted Aug 15, 2016 06:55 AM
      |   view attached

i'm wonder how can i add virtual AP with prefer SSID?

for instance i have AP group Staff-AP and Default  AP group.

now i wanted to add SSID on this Group 

for instance default AP can have ssid A-SSID, B-SSID C-SSID but staff ap group should have A-SSID, B-SSID, C-SSID, AND E-SSID 

i mean staff ap group should have to broadcast more SSID than Default AP-group

hanks. 

• 2.  RE: How to add virtual AP and add prefer SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 15, 2016 06:59 AM
    AP groups should be created by logical location where the same SSIDs will be present and you should never use the default AP group.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/VirtualAPs/Configuring_a_Virtual_AP.htm

• 3.  RE: How to add virtual AP and add prefer SSID

Posted Aug 15, 2016 07:05 AM

i have already bind with default AP group, and created one AP group name staff-AP, i have provision 1 AP on that staff-AP group with SSID sc-star, now i want to add more SSID on this AP group how can i add those SSID which is on Default AP group?

thanks.

Regard 

TEJ

• 4.  RE: How to add virtual AP and add prefer SSID
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 15, 2016 07:10 AM

Go to Configuration> Wireless> AP Configuration.  Edit the AP group that you want to add to.  Expand wireless lan.  Click on the word "Virtual AP".  In the right pane, click on Add, and Add the extra Virtual AP that you want advertised by that ap-group, and then click on Apply.

• 5.  RE: How to add virtual AP and add prefer SSID

Posted Aug 15, 2016 07:11 AM
      |   view attached

please refer the snap i have shown exactly what i needed.

thanks.

• 6.  RE: How to add virtual AP and add prefer SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 15, 2016 07:15 AM

Using the procedure I mentioned above, edit the Staff-AP ap-group.  Expand wireless Lan and then click on Virtual AP.  Add or remove any virtual AP that you want from the staff ap-group.  Do the same thing to the default ap group.

• 7.  RE: How to add virtual AP and add prefer SSID

Posted Aug 15, 2016 07:40 AM

it did not work, have u seen what i attached i write on image what i wanted.

please refer my snap

thanks.

Regard 

Tej

• 8.  RE: How to add virtual AP and add prefer SSID
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 15, 2016 07:46 AM

Do you get an error when you try to add or delete virtual APs?  Where does it not work?

• 9.  RE: How to add virtual AP and add prefer SSID

Posted Aug 15, 2016 08:06 AM
      |   view attached

it worked now but i have another issue on SSID automatically created called Aruba-AP and im not able to delete. 

how can i delete this Aruba-AP ssid because i want to delete this SSID

Regard

Tej

• 10.  RE: How to add virtual AP and add prefer SSID
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 15, 2016 08:36 AM

You won't be able to remove it using the Wizard.  Using the instructions above, edit the Staff-AP ap-group.  Go to Wireless LAN> Virtual AP and then delete the virtual AP that corresponds to the Aruba-AP ssid.