Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to change the countyr code of an Access Point

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to change the countyr code of an Access Point

Posted Jun 29, 2020 06:57 PM

We have purchased a couple of AP-203-RW but we would like to test some of the features out before we send it to its final destination.

Currently we are trying to provision the AP-203-RW in the United states; but, we are not having any success. The AP is coming up with the default version and very limited functionality. Even if we login to the AP with the console port as admin.

My question is, is there a way to change the country code to allow us to make the AP-203 work in the United states, just for testing? And then change it back?

I have read from a previous post, that we should not do that because of FCC regulations? I wanted to verify if we can or should change the country code or not. The previous article I found was: https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controllerless-Networks/Setting-quot-B-quot-US-Regulatory-Domain-on-a-Aruba-IAP-515-RW/td-p/634527

• 2.  RE: How to change the countyr code of an Access Point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2020 09:45 PM

There is not a way to change the Country code of an RW AP to US.  That is the reason that a RW AP exists..