Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to check network port speed for every access point

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  How to check network port speed for every access point

Posted Apr 20, 2018 12:25 PM

Before i started working for my current employer, they had contracted installation of AP-225's district wide, and I've seen several access points that weren't running at gigabit that I still have to troubleshoot - my guess is the cabling termination is faulty.  (that's 2 access points in a building with 146).  I've seen this issue in a few other locations and 

It would be exceedingly handy if there were a method that would allow for a wild card that would display the port speed for all of the access points connected to a controller. 

Searching has netted me a database extration script that I can't run because of the version of airwave deployed.

Both CLI commands I've seen require unique AP identification - ap-name, or otherwise ("show ap debug" and "show ap port status "  either of these commands would require significant work to check 1200+ access points.

Is there another method for displaying this data?

• 2.  RE: How to check network port speed for every access point
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 20, 2018 12:57 PM
    why don't you use a combination of
    'show ap database long'
    extract the AP names out and put them in an excel file in column A1

Column A2 would look like this

="show ap port status ap-name "&A1

Drag down to get the command to output every ap name and then copy/paste into the controller.

Save your SSH session to a text file and then go through the output?

• 3.  RE: How to check network port speed for every access point

Posted Apr 20, 2018 03:27 PM

Good idea....

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: How to check network port speed for every access point

Posted Apr 20, 2018 04:37 PM

For what it's worth, I imported the "show ap database" into excel using space delimiters and then used concatenate to create the script

=CONCATENATE("show ap port status ap-name ",A1, " | include Mb")

Which helped me find ~ 25 access points (out of 1250) with connectivity issues.

Thanks again.