Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to configure AP-93 in a Bridge Mode ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to configure AP-93 in a Bridge Mode ?

Posted Jun 30, 2014 02:06 AM

I have to configure the AP 93 in a bridge mode. Customer have provided a controller ip and default gateway.

Dont know how to configure the AP 93 in a bridge mode.

Please help in this regard.

• 2.  RE: How to configure AP-93 in a Bridge Mode ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2014 07:41 AM
    Do you have access to the controller? It needs to be changed in the AP group.

• 3.  RE: How to configure AP-93 in a Bridge Mode ?

Posted Jul 01, 2014 12:31 AM

Yes i have a access to the controller. But one thing more, this is not the customer controller through which i have connected the access point "through poe port".

Customer have given me their controller IP 10.131.253.200, DNS 10.128.1.104 , IP for AP 10.14.0.100/16 DG 10.14.0.1 and AP group which is RO-Group. 

I am using my own controller, now how to configre the access point according to customer requirement or i can configure it when access point  in the premises of customer.

Regards

Ruhail

• 4.  RE: How to configure AP-93 in a Bridge Mode ?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 30, 2014 07:59 AM

First of all you need to know that bridge mode means that all trrafic will be handeld by access point and you may lose many features Simply never use it if you don't know what it will do and you can find a very useful information in the link belwo and for voice deployments it will be a pain in the head as there is voice related features that is not supported.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Defaults/Mode_Support.htm