Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to connect to the serial port of Aruba ClearPass Proliant DL20 Gen9?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How to connect to the serial port of Aruba ClearPass Proliant DL20 Gen9?

Posted Oct 17, 2018 04:56 PM

Can someone let me know where the serial  port is? I just got two clearpass hardward applinaces and would like to do the inital config.

Many thanks!

• 2.  RE: How to connect to the serial port of Aruba ClearPass Proliant DL20 Gen9?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 18, 2018 02:58 AM

I think you might want to do the initial configuration using the VGA port to a monitor and a USB-port to a keyboard.

• 3.  RE: How to connect to the serial port of Aruba ClearPass Proliant DL20 Gen9?

Posted Oct 18, 2018 11:20 AM

Thanks for your help!

Do you happen to know default  username password?

The username and password on the label is not working.

Cheers!

• 4.  RE: How to connect to the serial port of Aruba ClearPass Proliant DL20 Gen9?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 18, 2018 11:24 AM

Are we talking about the webGUI now? 

If you are on 6.6 or below, try admin/eTIPS123 (gui) and appadmin/eTIPS123 (cli)

• 5.  RE: How to connect to the serial port of Aruba ClearPass Proliant DL20 Gen9?

Posted Oct 18, 2018 11:30 AM

It is 6.7.

I am talking about locahost login and WebGui.

There is a label on the appliance indicating username and password. I tried and did not work.

• 6.  RE: How to connect to the serial port of Aruba ClearPass Proliant DL20 Gen9?

Posted Oct 18, 2018 11:32 AM

Sorry, appadmin eTIPS123 works.

Thanks!