Wireless Access

This community is currently in a read-only state due to a maintenance window. For more info click here
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Re: How to correctly configure airtime fairness

Ok from I understand we can have 3 SSID being broadcasted but what it matters is how many users we have connecting at the same time, in addition to what type of connection (n/a/b/g). If we have a mixed of clients then it make sense to allow more time for n clients to transmit so b clients does not starve air time from other users. I was just wondering if we can tell the access point to listen more to clients connecting to a specific SSID than Guest. If we have 10 clients connecting to the Access Point which 3 are only guest and 7 are corporate clients, then I wanted the Access Point to allow corporate clients to transmit and hold the connection to guest only after corporate clients finish transmitting sort of priority queuing in the air. If I restrict the bandwidth for the guest role would it help to prevent guest users for consuming more air time than corporate users?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Theoretically, yes.

You are still restricted to the aggregate throughput, however.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Thank you.