Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

How to delete an offline AP name in a MM-MD solution

Hi,

I can't find any option on MM webGUI to delete an offline AP name. Maybe it can be deleted via CLI mode, can anyone give a clue on how to do it? Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: How to delete an offline AP name in a MM-MD solution

To delete stale APs:

1. Issue the clear gap-db stale-ap apname <ap-name> lms lms-ip <lms-ip>command to delete a stale entry on a particular managed device.
--OR --
2. Issue the clear gap-db ap-name <apname> command to delete the GAP entries for the AP on the Mobility Master and the current LMS of the AP.

NOTE: The first step will delete stale entries individually from the old managed devices and the second step will remove stale entries for the Mobility Master and the current LMS.

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Guru

To delete stale APs:

1. Issue the clear gap-db stale-ap apname <ap-name> lms lms-ip <lms-ip>command to delete a stale entry on a particular managed device.
--OR --
2. Issue the clear gap-db ap-name <apname> command to delete the GAP entries for the AP on the Mobility Master and the current LMS of the AP.

NOTE: The first step will delete stale entries individually from the old managed devices and the second step will remove stale entries for the Mobility Master and the current LMS.

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Craig,

Fixed, thank you so much.

Frequent Contributor I

On the MM dashboard, Infrastructure, if you have a down AP in the list there is a 'Delete access point' trash bin icon if you hover over each line. Does this do the same thing?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: