Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to disable 5Ghz channel bonding?

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  How to disable 5Ghz channel bonding?

Posted May 14, 2018 10:42 PM

I encountered a problem when implementing the AOS8 project. I want to disable 40Mhz channel bonding and 80Mhz channel bonding. I turn off 40Mh channel bonding and 80Mhz channel bonding in the radio profile, but the AP still works on 80Mhz channels.

• 2.  RE: How to disable 5Ghz channel bonding?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 15, 2018 03:05 PM

Have you removed the support for 40/80Mhz channels in the ARM profile?

MM > Configuration > System > Profiles : RF Management > All Profiles > Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) then :

Allowed Bands for 40Mhz Channels (set to None)

80Mhz Support (disable)

• 3.  RE: How to disable 5Ghz channel bonding?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2018 03:13 PM

@tanxiaofeng wrote:

I encountered a problem when implementing the AOS8 project. I want to disable 40Mhz channel bonding and 80Mhz channel bonding. I turn off 40Mh channel bonding and 80Mhz channel bonding in the radio profile, but the AP still works on 80Mhz channels.

Are you using an MM (Mobility Master)?  If yes, the radio profile is the correct place to make the change.  If you are NOT using an MM, the ARM profile is the correct place to make the change, and the change should be immediate.  After you make the change, you need to SSH into the MM and type "airmatch runnow quick"

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_83_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/airmatch_runnow.htm?Highlight=quick

That will allow it to calculate a solution and make the change based on the radio profile.

• 4.  RE: How to disable 5Ghz channel bonding?

Posted Sep 12, 2019 10:32 AM

Hi,

Quick one on this - if I am using MM and Airmatch but I only want to disable 80mhz on one of our sites which is having issues can I just do this at the folder where the MDs are for that site and it will only apply to that site?  I know that is generally the case but will i still need to run the Airmatch command after?

Thanks

• 5.  RE: How to disable 5Ghz channel bonding?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2019 11:00 AM

In Airmatch, the channel width is dynamic; you put the range of channel widths and Airmatch will deploy APs with the channel width it thinks it needs based on the density.  That parameter is set in the 5ghz radio profile:

Screenshot 2019-09-12 at 09.57.42.png

If you set the max channel and min channel bandwidth to 20, you will only get 20mhz channels for example.  

Airmatch only runs once a day at 5am by default.  To make it run immediately, you need to run the "airmatch runnow" command on the MM with the appropriate option.  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_85_Web_Help/Content/arubaos-solutions/1cli-commands/airmatch-runnow.htm?Highlight=runnow