Wireless Access

New Contributor

How to fasten AP booting process

Dear Guys

I have a controller Alcatel Lucent 4030. IAPs that i have converted to APs are (103,105 & 115). The issue that i am facing is as soon as the AP boots up is takes approxametly 10-13 minutes, please guide me how to reduce this time so that the AP boot up fastley.

AP takes ip address from external DHCP. All APs and external DHCP is on same VLAN.

Guru Elite

Re: How to fasten AP booting process

What version of AlcatelOS is this?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor II

RE: How to fasten AP booting process

If you want to solve the answer, you need more network configuration and configuration information. We can not suggest a way to reduce boot time by simply using DHCP information. If the image is downloaded in advance, you can save time on the next boot. In 1/3

New Contributor

I am using OS6.5

MVP Guru

All AP's will take a set amount of time to boot unless there is an external factor (such as a response delay in DHCP/DNS for example) which can affect this. Have you reviewed the console output of an AP booting and confirmed if there is anything out of the ordinary there?

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: