Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

How to import internal local users to a controller's database

How can I import a list of local users for a Local Internal database?

We use MAC addresses for dual authenticaiton on printers and otehr hardware devices.  In teh past, I needed to manually enter the MAC address as the username/password and associate the username with a specific role.

show local-userdb:

Name                    Password     Role

00:10:40:9c:14:cb ********         "Role name here"

>local-userdb add username <macaddr> password <macaddr> role guest<enter>

There should be a better way with importing this information.  What if sonoen needed to enter douzens of user accounts, will they need to do this 1 at a time on each conoterller or can they import the informatin from a file?

Highlighted

Re: How to import internal local users to a controller's database

Hi, 

I don't know the amount of equipments but for me create all the commande with a text edit and copy past them into a CLI is going to be my ways to achieve that.

Have a good day.

Frequent Contributor II

Re: How to import internal local users to a controller's database

It is correct to understand that:

1.  One canot add new users to teh local controllers from the WEB UI?

a.  Onwe must add users from the Command line instead?

2.  I think there was an option to add new users from the Mobilituy Master Node in the Web UI; but, that will add the users to all of the controllers under the MM.

a.  I am not sure about #2.

b.  We have 1 or 2 user accounts used for authenticating inot an WLAN.  It would be nice to be able to make changes to these accounts on the MM and then have that propegate down to teh other controllers.

c.  Is this information propogation prossible, even if  added from teh command line?

3.  In our case we want to add specific users to the 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: