Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to limit total bandwidth to any AP in a AP-group

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How to limit total bandwidth to any AP in a AP-group

Posted Mar 19, 2019 06:22 PM

I'm going to be deploying RAPS at remote sites using shared private network only has 45 meg tottal to the site. I would like to limit all wireless traffic per access point to 10 Meg by AP-group. That way I can have my techs put the new AP in that AP group.  I see a few places I can do it one is I can setup a user roll with bandwidth statement of 10 meg then set it on the AP system session ACL. I also see down below on the ap system profile remote AP  Remote-AP uplink total bandwidth can I use that? I'm not sure exactly where. I know that session BW limits are set per user but if enough users were at the site still could over load the 45 meg limit of the microwave system there. 

• 2.  RE: How to limit total bandwidth to any AP in a AP-group

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2019 08:59 PM

Anything in the AP system profile that defines ACLs requires that you are using decrypt tunnel so that the AP can know what traffic is being passed.  Do yourself a favor and limit each client to 5 megs in a per user bandwidth contract and call it a day.

• 3.  RE: How to limit total bandwidth to any AP in a AP-group

Posted Mar 19, 2019 10:37 PM

We also thought about just setting the wired port on the switch to auto 10 meg where the AP will connect.  

• 4.  RE: How to limit total bandwidth to any AP in a AP-group

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2019 07:22 AM
    Whatever is easier.