Wireless Access

Contributor II

How to locate converted instant APs on our network

We have a few instant APs 225 units that we converted to campus APs. How can we find these in the controller?  They all seem to be listed as 'AP-225', regargless of the hardware type.

Also, is the model 'APIN0225' an instant AP?  The datasheets refer to the instant AP model as IAP-225; if that's the case, does that mean the APIN0225 is actually a campus AP?

Aruba Employee

Re: How to locate converted instant APs on our network

APIN0225 refers to the AP hardware irrespective of being controller based or Instant AP.

To find the newly converted IAPs on your controller, the best way is to identify them with serial number or their mac addresses.

Yiu can use "show ap database long" command on your controller and it wil list the al the APs. The serial number and the mac address of the IAPs are also printed on the IAPs as well.

Guru Elite

Type "show AP image version". If either of the images on a line have a dash, it is probably an Instant AP

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
Super Contributor II

If you log in to your account on https://activate.arubanetworks.com/ you might be able to easily see which APs are IAPs from the ones you purchased.

Cheers,

Christoffer Jacobsson | Aranya AB
Aruba Partner Ambassador
Aruba: ACMX #537 ACCP ACDP | CWNP: CWNE #306
Contributor II

Thanks Christoffer.  My Aruba login doesn't work on this site.  I will request access and see what happens.

Contributor II

Cjoseph, the only dashes that appear in the output of 'show ap image version' are for example: 

"6.4.2.3-4.1.1.4(p4build@cyprus)".  Does that indicate an instant AP?

Contributor II

Ariyap, thank you for that command, however, the serial number does not appear to indicate what type of AP it is.

Guru Elite

Yes, that means that there is an instant image on one of the partitions.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor II

Great, thanks - that's very helpful!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for