Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to make Aruba automaticaly set channel but not power

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to make Aruba automaticaly set channel but not power

Posted Jun 11, 2013 08:23 AM

Hello ,

On Aruba AP's when ARM is anabled; both channel and power is adjusted automatcally by the system. However I want only automatic channel adjustmet, while the power is kept maximum for all AP's. Is that  possible.

• 2.  RE: How to make Aruba automaticaly set channel but not power

Posted Jun 11, 2013 08:31 AM

Make sure you do this carefully because it could impact your wireless performance .

Is there any particular reason you are doing this ?

You can set the min/max power to 33 :

All Profile Management_2013-06-11_08-30-00.png

• 3.  RE: How to make Aruba automaticaly set channel but not power

Posted Jun 27, 2013 09:47 AM

Hello 

Thanks for your reply; and sorry for my late reply.

We have a campus, using Aruba wireless, and we want the maximum coverage possible. Performace on the other hand, is not the first deal; as long as it is not unacceptably bad. 

We have some installations where the the AP's can sense each other better than the clients sense the AP's. You may think that this is a wrong instalation; but, especially in buildings with long corridors surrounded by small rooms, this is unavoidable. In such cases since many AP have line of sight, they have good conduct with each other that  they decrese their power. Unfortunately, since the clients are inside the rooms, there exist several walls between clients and AP's. Therefore I decided to try such stuation that AP's operate at maximum power. Up to know I have had no problem. 

• 4.  RE: How to make Aruba automaticaly set channel but not power

Posted Sep 11, 2013 05:30 PM

I'm very curious how this worked out for you. We have a very similar situation - we've just replaced all the Merus we had in our dorms with 135s, and are hearing about problems in rooms. Aps are in the hallways, and general RF coverage seems fine. We'll be doing some surveying in the rooms over the next few days.