Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to migrate aruba-345 configuration to aruba 7030

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  How to migrate aruba-345 configuration to aruba 7030

Posted Nov 12, 2019 04:23 AM

Hi,

Currently we have 21 aruba 345 APs and one of them is serving as master.

Recently we bought a new Aruba 7030 controller and we want to migrate all the configuration we have on the AP-345 master to the new controller 7030 and make the controller to the master.

any idea how to do so? and if it's not possible what is the best way to copy the configuration?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: How to migrate aruba-345 configuration to aruba 7030

Posted Nov 12, 2019 05:57 AM

Hello, 

You can use the migration tool from Aruba : https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_85_Web_Help/Content/migrationguide/instl-tool.htm

I'm actually not so fan and I would prefer to rebuild configuration from scratch to have a clean setup. 

I personally use VisualCfg which is an eclipse tool where you can upload the running configuration of your master AP and the tool will show you all configuration and then you can copy paste what you need. 

VisualCfg : https://support.arubanetworks.com/ToolsResources/tabid/76/DMXModule/514/EntryId/26569/Default.aspx

Then to migrate all AP, you can go through maintenance and point the IP of your master controller. 

• 3.  RE: How to migrate aruba-345 configuration to aruba 7030

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 12, 2019 06:07 AM

Unless I mistaken, the OP is migrating from Aruba Instant to a hardware controller-based system.  Neither tool will above will work  for that.

The OP should take a survey of his current network (SSIDs, VLANs and encryption) and migrate manually.

• 4.  RE: How to migrate aruba-345 configuration to aruba 7030

Posted Nov 12, 2019 06:46 AM

Yes you're right, if he's using IAP then he will need to do manual migration. 

• 5.  RE: How to migrate aruba-345 configuration to aruba 7030

Posted Nov 12, 2019 10:37 AM

OK thanks!