Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

How to not allow non-join domain windows 8.1 laptop log-in to 802.1x authentication

How to prevent non-join domain windows 8.1 laptop machine log-in to 802.1x authentication? Because my customer environment like Windows vista and 7 laptop machine non-join domain can't log-in to network by using 802.1x but only allow joined domain Windows vista and 7 access the network.

Guru Elite

Re: How to not allow non-join domain windows 8.1 laptop log-in to 802.1x authentication

Are you using ClearPass or another radius server?

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Frequent Contributor I

Re: How to not allow non-join domain windows 8.1 laptop log-in to 802.1x authentication

no Clearpass, just use microsoft NPS only. Aruba 3400 controller running 6.2.1.3

Guru Elite

Please see the table on page 200 of the AOS 6.2 user guide which shows the combinations of user and machine authentication.

Non-domain devices will not be able to machine authenticate so you'll want to only allow devices that machine and user authenticate.

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Hi, I have also concern regarding non domain machine
Guru Elite

Hi there, what do you need assistance with?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: