Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to setup Mobility Master / Controller with Airgroup for Airplay

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  How to setup Mobility Master / Controller with Airgroup for Airplay

Posted Sep 03, 2019 10:57 AM

Hi,

I've setup 2x virtual Mobility Masters controlling 2x physical Mobility Controllers all with version 8.4.0.4 installed.

I need to have the Apple TV's broadcasting out of AP Group areas but after using the ArubaOS 8.4.0.0 user guide going through the Airgroup seup process I'm getting all Apple TV's broadcast everywhere.

In Configuration > Services > Airgroup > Server-Based Policy I can see the list of Apple TV's discovered and when I select them there is an 'AP Group' box where I type the name of the AP group I want that Apple TV to broadcast out but it still gets broadcast from every AP.

Does the AP Group entry here need to be typed in a certain format? I have type is exactly as I named it but this does have spaces in it.

I'm sure I'm just missing something small to link together what I have setup but any help would be greatly appreciated please?

• 2.  RE: How to setup Mobility Master / Controller with Airgroup for Airplay

Posted Sep 04, 2019 05:12 PM

Danmatt,

Are you wanting them broadcast just on the specific ap where they are located?  Thats what it sounds like and if that is the case I'd look at location sharing by ap-name.

Either way there is a lot of information in this thread/link:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-to-configure-Controller-based-AirGroup-Policies-amp-Auto/ta-p/239934

Hope that helps,

Brady

• 3.  RE: How to setup Mobility Master / Controller with Airgroup for Airplay

Posted Sep 10, 2019 10:46 AM

Hi Brady,

Thanks for your reply.

I have progressed a little where I have stated the 'AP Group' of each Apple TV and they are not being broadcast in the area's needed.

However, this has presented 2 issues now. 1 being that if an Apple TV doesn have a specific setting (AP name or AP Group) then that Apple TV gets advertised everywhere by default. How do I stop them being broadcast everywhere by default? As anyone can connect there own Apple TV and it'll broadcast everywhere without us aware. We only have our own Apple TV's in use.

The second issue I now have is that the Apple TV list in Airgroup isn't the complete list of what is being advertised through the AP's. So I can't apply an AP Group restriction to the Apple TV's that aren't in the Airgroup list so these get broadcast everywhere and I can't figure out how to control the advertisements of these Apple TV's.

Thanks in advance for you help.