Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to setup one AP with only 1 SSID in a mesh (with other APs sharing other SSIDs)?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to setup one AP with only 1 SSID in a mesh (with other APs sharing other SSIDs)?

Posted Jul 03, 2013 03:54 AM

Hi

I am new to Aruba and just setup our 3 IAP135 APs for testing purposes (running code 6.2.0.0-3.2.0.4_38110). These are APs branded from DELL, but the functionality should be the same.

I setup my 3AP mesh serving 2 SSIDs and this works, now i need to setup one more AP which should be part of the mesh (in terms of management) and only serve one SSID (which the other 2 should not serve). How can i accomplish this?

• 2.  RE: How to setup one AP with only 1 SSID in a mesh (with other APs sharing other SSIDs)?

Posted Jul 03, 2013 09:14 AM

Are these IAPs or regular Campus APs ?

• 3.  RE: How to setup one AP with only 1 SSID in a mesh (with other APs sharing other SSIDs)?

Posted Jul 03, 2013 09:36 AM

Hi

These are IAPs.

I thought about converting the one to a standalone AP, but then i cannot manage it using my virtual controller (which is on the other 2 APs). Is there a solution? :smileyhappy:

• 4.  RE: How to setup one AP with only 1 SSID in a mesh (with other APs sharing other SSIDs)?

Posted Jul 03, 2013 10:05 AM

Since the 4th IAP will be part of the mesh you won't be able to just broadcast just that SSID on that particular IAP because it is part of the cluster  

• 5.  RE: How to setup one AP with only 1 SSID in a mesh (with other APs sharing other SSIDs)?

Posted Jul 03, 2013 10:10 AM

Ok so i need to configure it as a standalone AP, right?

There is no possibility (in a mesh) to specify that a SSID should be broadcasted only on particular IAPs and another SSID should be broadcasted on all IAPs?

• 6.  RE: How to setup one AP with only 1 SSID in a mesh (with other APs sharing other SSIDs)?

Posted Jul 03, 2013 10:21 AM
    Is not possible , once you have a cluster all the IAPs part of that cluster will broadcast all the SSIDs configured by the Virtual controller on that segment .

This could be feature request to have an AP-Specific config like we have on controller manage AP