Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to split license?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  How to split license?

Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:17 PM

Hi,

My customer bought 3 wireless controllers and a hundard of license without separate license for each.

In portal, they cannot specify number of license to redeem. It can select only license type.

I talked to Aruba support to process and they told me to cancel order first. But I am not sure to do next process.

Could you please help me?

Thank you in advance,

• 2.  RE: How to split license?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:19 PM

I think you should discuss that with whoever you purchased the license from.  They would be able to tell you your options...

• 3.  RE: How to split license?

Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:22 PM

In this case, I should contact local support in my country, right?

• 4.  RE: How to split license?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:25 PM

You should contact who your customer purchased the license from.  That is different from support...  They might be able to cancel the licenses and your customer might be able to order the correct ones, but I don't know what the seller allows.  You would have to call and find out.  Once you have purchased a license, there is little that TAC can do in terms of reconfiguring them..

• 5.  RE: How to split license?

Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:33 PM

I should contact my customer for specify number of license in each wireless controller, right?

If I have answer from customer. I should contact TAC for reconfiguration, right?

• 6.  RE: How to split license?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 10:24 PM

Your customer needs to contact who your customer purchased the licenses from.  TAC cannot split licenses.

• 7.  RE: How to split license?

Posted Feb 27, 2017 02:20 AM

Hi Colin,

Now I contact order management team in my country.

I do not what information will be required for this process.

• 8.  RE: How to split license?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2017 07:40 AM

The licenses should be returned and you would need to get the proper licenses.