Wireless Access

Highlighted

Re: How update firmware

Remeber creating your backup first and getting out your backup of the controller with a tftp server or ftp server

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Project engineer
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Can you explain the difference between this two partitions? My controller have the version 6.1.3.6 and this is the partition 1.

I want to upgrade the AOS.

Highlighted

Okay the default boot is the partition you using right now

The other that does not says default boot is the partiation that you are not using and is the one that you need to select  in order to do an upgrade

The 2 partitions you see in there are for security purpuses....

If for some reason something goes wrong witht he upgrade, you can always boot again fromt he partition you were before

Got it?

Cheers

Carlos

Project engineer
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Ok if I upgrade the partition 0, after the boot, the system switch to the partition 0 for the boot or the controller use the most recent of the two partition?

Highlighted

Yes when you select the partition 0 to upgarde it on your case when it reboot it will automatically choose the partition 0 as the default partition...

Remenber to save configuration and do your backup, just in case...

And remenber that the controller needs to reboot so your wireless network will be down for a a few of minutes...

Cheers

Carlos

Project engineer
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Thank you for your advice. After the upgrade, if I want to use the partition 1 because my upgrade doesn’t works, what I have to do?

Highlighted

You have to reboot the controller and enter in the cpboot mode.

You do it by when you reboot the controller just rpess mm enter enter until you get this mode...

It will tell press any key to enter in the cpboot but it just like 3 secs... so i just press enter until i get into it

After that

For Partition 0

cpboot> bootf 0

For Partition 1

cpboot> bootf 1

But once again i advice you to do a backup of your controller, you never know what can happen.

Cheers

Carlos

Project engineer
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello,

After the FW update, is it necessary to upgrade the boot room too? How to determine which version is compatible? what would be the steps to do it?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

This post is 7 years old, so it is being closed because it is outdated.

Please open a new post to ask questions.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: