Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

I am running a cli report for a bssid table but only want to see certain columns using modifiers

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  I am running a cli report for a bssid table but only want to see certain columns using modifiers

Posted Nov 09, 2016 08:43 AM

I want to run a CLI command

show ap bss-table essid "SSID"  but I only want to see the bssid and the ap name.

Are there output modifiers that would let me only see those two columns? Any help would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: I am running a cli report for a bssid table but only want to see certain columns using modifiers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 09, 2016 08:55 AM

You can only grep on rows using "| include".  You cannot eliminate columns.  Your alternative is to export the output to text, import in excel as a CSV and remove the columns you don't want.

• 3.  RE: I am running a cli report for a bssid table but only want to see certain columns using modifiers

Posted Nov 09, 2016 09:57 PM
    You might be able to use AirRecorder (careful with usage, always test) to extract the columns. I feel like I've extracted specific columns before on cli output - https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/AirRecorder-Tutorial-Part-2/ta-p/221390 Normally I just use AirRecorder to generate my bss-table text, do a few quick find/replaces/processing with Notepad++, then link it to my Excel file for further processing (ssid labeling/band nicknames) - (I generate a Wi-Fi Analyzer import this way).

#AirheadsMobile