Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

I am trying to set this up for a coworker. He has the Aruba router in his basement. His home office

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  I am trying to set this up for a coworker. He has the Aruba router in his basement. His home office

Posted Apr 07, 2015 11:36 PM

• 2.  RE: I am trying to set this up for a coworker. He has the Aruba router in his basement. His home office

Posted Apr 08, 2015 01:29 AM

Hi,

Question is missing my friend :)

• 3.  RE: I am trying to set this up for a coworker. He has the Aruba router in his basement. His home office

Posted Apr 08, 2015 01:33 AM
    I am trying to set this up for a coworker. He has the Aruba router in his basement. His home office is 2 floors above. There is no Ethernet cables between the basement and his office. His computer is connected wirelessly. He needs a wireless solution for the Cisco phone. I purchased a wireless N-bridge Cisco WBPN bridge. It has the capability to connect using WEP or WPA, but it must have a static IP. Is this something you can help me with?
    Thank You,

Thanks & Regards,

KARTHICK KUMAR M | GIS | Tie Line # 9 575 7120
    Applied Materials India Pvt Ltd,
    10th Floor,Unit-1,Pinnacle Building,
    International Tech Park CSIR Road,
    Taramani,
    Chennai-600113
    Ph. No : 91-97-15192238
    [Description: Description: Description: cid:image002.jpg@01CFB580.AEA82450]

[Description: Description: Description: cid:image001.jpg@01CFB0B5.F94F80E0]
    The content of this message is Applied Materials Confidential. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, any use or distribution is prohibited. Please notify me immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message from your computer system. Thank you.

• 4.  RE: I am trying to set this up for a coworker. He has the Aruba router in his basement. His home office

Posted Apr 08, 2015 05:05 AM

Hi Karthik,

It seems you need some help on configuring static IP in the Cisco Bridge. Please let me know if you need any help on configuration in Aruba box.

Please feel free for any further help on this from Aruba side.

• 5.  RE: I am trying to set this up for a coworker. He has the Aruba router in his basement. His home office

Posted Apr 08, 2015 05:13 AM

hi ,

thanks for your reply

i heard that "currently we support only wired connection to the IP phone"no ssid will broadcast for IP phone.thus based on your reply can you guide me further is that reply is true or can we make wireless connection to the IP phone connected to the Aurba RAP.Thanks

• 6.  RE: I am trying to set this up for a coworker. He has the Aruba router in his basement. His home office

Posted Apr 08, 2015 05:38 AM

Hi,

Yes. Aruba wireless supports IP phones (VOIP). please share your requirement clearly , I can help you on this.

• 7.  RE: I am trying to set this up for a coworker. He has the Aruba router in his basement. His home office

• 8.  RE: I am trying to set this up for a coworker. He has the Aruba router in his basement. His home office

Posted Apr 08, 2015 06:11 AM

hi,

my need is whether aurba rap support wireless connection to IP phone .and one more thing i need to add is aurba rap does not have wps button on it.if you have any procedure to connect the aurba rap wirelessly to IP phone.

• 9.  RE: I am trying to set this up for a coworker. He has the Aruba router in his basement. His home office

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 08, 2015 06:37 AM
    This is not currently possible.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 10.  RE: I am trying to set this up for a coworker. He has the Aruba router in his basement. His home office

Posted Apr 08, 2015 06:41 AM

thanks for your reply need to verify it with you once .thanks for your confirmation

• 11.  RE: I am trying to set this up for a coworker. He has the Aruba router in his basement. His home office

Posted Apr 08, 2015 06:53 AM

Hi,

First of all, Aruba APs are thin APs( except IAP), they always need a controller for terminating and pulling the configuration. RAP also a thin AP hence we need to configure everything on the controller and controller will push the configuration through a protocol called PAPI ( UDP 8211).

Therefore Aruba APs will not have any WPS buttons like other SOHO routers.

Please follow the guide which was shared with you and configure a SSID with QOS and scan for that SSID in the VOIP phone and get connected to the network.