Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

I have a question on VisualRF.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  I have a question on VisualRF.

Posted Jan 24, 2014 06:02 PM

I have a floor map of a 5 story building and I am trying to run a report that reflects the speed. So I right click on the biulding and and click Show Bill of Materials. I sellect heat maps and Speed. when the report comes up it only shows 300Mbs for the highest speed on the floor map. the customer needs to see the projected speed at least 850Mbps. I would like to run it at the 1.3Gbps Rate so the customer can see it.

How can i change the speed rate that shows on the report?

• 2.  RE: I have a question on VisualRF.

Posted Jan 24, 2014 11:27 PM

Wizard I'm interested on which platform are you getting this from, AirWave or the Mobility Controller?

• 3.  RE: I have a question on VisualRF.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 25, 2014 02:22 AM

@Wizard wrote:

I have a floor map of a 5 story building and I am trying to run a report that reflects the speed. So I right click on the biulding and and click Show Bill of Materials. I sellect heat maps and Speed. when the report comes up it only shows 300Mbs for the highest speed on the floor map. the customer needs to see the projected speed at least 850Mbps. I would like to run it at the 1.3Gbps Rate so the customer can see it.

How can i change the speed rate that shows on the report?

Do you have AP225s on the map?  I am not even sure if anything can be modeled at over 300.  Those speeds require that the client have special capabilities and be 5 feet from the access point.  In short, it probably cannot be done and it is not practical.