Wireless Access

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have blacklisting on for the SSID and blacklisted several MAC addresses but they still connect

When "connected" are you completing auth and receiving an IP?

Do you have full network access? 

Contributor I

Re: I have blacklisting on for the SSID and blacklisted several MAC addresses but they still connect

I do connect and receive the correct IP address from our DHCP server as we use reserved IPs. But I don't have full LAN network access because the SSID is setup with access rules to prevent users from reaching our servers and company PC's. It's setup so all they can do is access the Internet.

YKKGuestAccessRules.JPG

Contributor I

Hi Victor

I would open a TAC but Aruba charges for support and even though this looks like a real glitch they would want to know about.

I'm just not willing to pay them for me doing the work and find bugs in their software. 

Seems to me since I paid very good money for their products they would be glad to know about problems and help diagnose issues.

Guru Elite

YKK,

Please PM me and we will open a case and work with you.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

As of 09-18-2015 I have a TAC open for this problem. As of 09-23-2015 it's being sent to the Aruba engineering team as a possible defect.

I just heard back from Aruba Support yesterday afternoon 09-24-2015.

It looks like the problem was with AOS version 4.1.1.2

After I upgraded to AOS version 4.1.1.8 blacklisting is working flawlessly.

Thanks again for everyones help on this.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: