Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

I want to establish the internet on the controller. Need HELP !!!!

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  I want to establish the internet on the controller. Need HELP !!!!

Posted Aug 21, 2013 01:00 AM

I visited the Customer site & done survey before deploy the demo setup. I have to deploy the Demo setup at 5th floor. At 5th Floor cisco switch is already configured with some of the VLANS and the WAN port of the cisco switch is connected to the fiber cable coming from the core switch (Data center).

For example:

VLANS on the cisco switch at 5th floor

192.168.1.0 DG 1.254, 192.168.2.0 DG 2.254 , 3.0, 4.0,5.0,6.0 ........  maximum 8Vlans.

I will connect my controller "1/8 port" to the switch port on which the VLAN 1.0 is configure ? Am i on the right way ?

My controller is at default settings right now i.e, 172.16.0.254. If want to establish the internet on the controller initially. For this purpose may i have to configure one VLAN 192.168.1.0 &  adding Default Gateway route "1.254" on the controller with just NAT enabled (not the source nat) in order to define the path to the internet. ?????

Am i on the right way or there is some other way to do it?

• 2.  RE: I want to establish the internet on the controller. Need HELP !!!!
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: I want to establish the internet on the controller. Need HELP !!!!

Posted Aug 21, 2013 02:38 AM

Dear cjoseph,

The scerario mentioned in the given link , i have already test it with modem successfully before ..

I am confused. But my question is different.  At the customer side they have cisco switch having  8 VLANS, not a modem like SOHO.

Will i have to create a new vlan on the controller and then connect the controller with one of the valns of the switch port ?

here example.

Controller new vlan ID 300 network 192.168.6.0 and provides the DG as well DNS of Vlan 300 on the controller and then i will connect my controller1/8 port to that switch port which have a vlan of 192.168.6.0 network ?  

Or just to create new vlan ID 300 network 192.168.6.0 on the controller and then simply connect the controller port 1/8 with the switch that port which have 6.0 network and dynamically it recieves all the information(DG, DNS ) form the switch vlan 6 port ?

Which one i have to do ?

• 4.  RE: I want to establish the internet on the controller. Need HELP !!!!
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2013 02:54 AM

If it is not a SOHO router, match VLAN numbers and subnets like you have on the Cisco layer3 switch.  That will make it straightforward if you need to trunk to it.  Use a routable address for the controller's ip address (not 172.16.0.0) and for the client VLAN.  Let the Cisco switch be the gateway for everything.

If VLAN 300 is the management ip address, remove the ip address from VLAN 1 on the controller (use the console because you will lose connection).  Make the default gateway of the controller, the Cisco layer 3 switch's default gateway on VLAN 300.  Do not make anything dynamic.