Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-103 Radius not prompting for user name and password but connects and works.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-103 Radius not prompting for user name and password but connects and works.

Posted Jan 27, 2016 02:30 PM

I'm logged into the domain with Windows 7

I've configured an internal SSID for employees and want to use RADIUS

The RADIUS is configured correctly

When I connect to the SSID It never prompts me for credentials and connects with no authentication?

Is it using my cached creds on Windows?

• 2.  RE: IAP-103 Radius not prompting for user name and password but connects and works.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2016 05:19 PM

Hi, 

If that is a Windows 7, check the Wireless connection profile @ "network and sharing center" > "Manage wireless connection". You may find what settings is being used. 

Or delete the profile and try connecting again, it should prompt for credentials. 

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent 

• 3.  RE: IAP-103 Radius not prompting for user name and password but connects and works.
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 27, 2016 05:32 PM

Thanks Rajaguru,

This is my first Aruba AP.  After educating myself a bit on its features I realized through the logs that successful authentication were occuring.  I logged off and logged back in locally and after a few tweaks of the wireless adapter I was presented with a pop-up to enter my credentials.  I also confirmed my phone was able to get it too.  So in summary by default the wireless adapter was using my logged in credentials.  This was one of the items I deselected along with deselecting validate server certificate.

Jeff