Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-105 conversion back to an Instant AP after being converted to a Campus AP

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  IAP-105 conversion back to an Instant AP after being converted to a Campus AP

Posted Jan 04, 2013 03:49 PM

Hello All,

Is it possible to convert a Campus AP (previously an IAP) back to an Instant AP?

Some insight into this will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

• 2.  RE: IAP-105 conversion back to an Instant AP after being converted to a Campus AP

Posted Jan 04, 2013 06:42 PM

You can, quite easily. If you hold the reset button (small hole between two of the corner screw holds) while you reboot the AP, it will go back to factory the default settings and OS saved in firmware. I usually hold the reset button for 15 seconds when doing that with mine.

Here's the link to the KB:

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-1417

B-

• 3.  RE: IAP-105 conversion back to an Instant AP after being converted to a Campus AP
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 04, 2013 06:46 PM

I have a partner account... That may be the wrong link...

Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll add more info.

B-

• 4.  RE: IAP-105 conversion back to an Instant AP after being converted to a Campus AP

Posted May 21, 2014 06:26 PM

Is there any way to reset the AP through software, rather than having to press a physical button on the AP itself?  We have some IAP-225s currently installed as campus controller-based APs, but will eventually be moving to an all-IAP model.  I'd prefer not to have to climb into ceilings and manually reset a dozen or more APs.

• 5.  RE: IAP-105 conversion back to an Instant AP after being converted to a Campus AP

Posted May 31, 2014 07:39 AM

nope, i believe you will have to either press the button or else use the console cable, but nothing else.