Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 105 image check - 'no response received from server'

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  IAP 105 image check - 'no response received from server'

Posted Feb 17, 2016 03:08 PM

I'm checking our IAP 105s for a new image version using the web interface. We're currently on 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11. When I go to the Maintenance link, select the Firmware tab and then click on Check for New Version, I'm getting the response 'no response received from server'; in some cases, I wait for it to re-set and try it again and I get 'image_check_operation-not-allowed'. And in still other cases, I'll wait again for a re-set, try it and get the message 'no new version available'. However, there are 6.4.3.x and 6.4.4.x versions showing up in 'Early Availability' on the software site. 

There doesn't appear to be any problem of network connectivity because other outside servers are accessible. Anyone have any info on what this might be telling us?

• 2.  RE: IAP 105 image check - 'no response received from server'

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 17, 2016 03:21 PM

"Check image version" will only give you GA versions of the software. 4.1.1.11 is the latest GA software. You would need a support contract to get download early versions of the software.

• 3.  RE: IAP 105 image check - 'no response received from server'

Posted Feb 17, 2016 03:28 PM

Thanks, Colin. I do believe we have a support contract, though. In any case, I'm curious about the 'no response from server' message - is that maybe just a 'server busy' kind of message?

• 4.  RE: IAP 105 image check - 'no response received from server'

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 17, 2016 09:25 PM

You should open a TAC case so that they can take a look while you click on the button.