Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 135 meshing setup

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  IAP 135 meshing setup

Posted Jun 05, 2013 01:22 AM

Users are using wired LAN and wireless access at 2 different location less than 300 metre distance.

I have setup 2x IAP meshing for another location by using PoE switch for the users.

Users want to have a wireless access at there.

1.) Can I setup new IAP135 by connecting mesh point PoE switch for wireless users?

2.) Can you show me how to setup both wired and wireless on mesh portal IAP135? use Ethernet Port 1 to broadcast wifi access on portal IAP or Point IAP?

Thanks and Best Regards.

#AP135

• 2.  RE: IAP 135 meshing setup

Posted Jun 05, 2013 03:57 AM

Hi,

:smileyhappy:

Hi,

*First it's recommend for u to upgrade your iAP units to the lastest OS version*

*Mesh is enabled automatically in IAP units with dual radio/when there is no LAN connectivity . (Via the 5GHZ radio)*

Do some reading over here: ( an old post with answers from me and other AirHeads dudes):

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant/how-to-config-IAP-wired-port-for-client/td-p/64306

Let me know if it's helped u. :smileywink:

Me

• 3.  RE: IAP 135 meshing setup

• 4.  RE: IAP 135 meshing setup

Posted Jun 05, 2013 04:04 AM

more info:

Capture.PNG

Go to this link:

http://support.arubanetworks.com/KNOWLEDGEBASE/tabid/133/Default.aspx/

and look for:

"instant mesh"

You will find a lot of relevent info that will assist you to configure what u need easily.

• 5.  RE: IAP 135 meshing setup

Posted Jun 05, 2013 05:01 AM
      |   view attached

Thanks.

I have configured this at our office for wired users which you suggested.

Please refer my attached logical diagram.

I want to add 1x IAP135 at Building 2 for wireless users.

Is it possible that connecting to Mesh point Poe switch to setup wireless for wifi users, pls refer my attached diagram?

Thanks.

• 6.  RE: IAP 135 meshing setup

Posted Jun 05, 2013 05:08 AM

As far as i aware, It's possible - you just need to be sure that your new iAP can connect your VC(Virtual controller) via your POE switch (establish communications via lan/vlan - in the same segment(s) that your VC is) in the 2nd building , if so - it will work.

• 7.  RE: IAP 135 meshing setup

Posted Jun 05, 2013 05:18 AM

I have used Eth0 port for wired users on Mesh Portal IAP-1.

So i have to configure Mesh portal IAP-1 port Eth1 for wireless users, right?

so that, new IAP will able to broadcast the wifi access.

please advise.

Thanks for your help.

• 8.  RE: IAP 135 meshing setup

Posted Jun 05, 2013 06:17 AM

It's supposed to do it..Again if it will be able to connect your VC via this vlan.

-check it-

• 9.  RE: IAP 135 meshing setup

Posted Jun 05, 2013 06:57 AM
    In order for e1 to work on IAP 135 your switch port needs to provide PoE 802.3at