Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 175 joint the cluster but not letting clients join the AP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP 175 joint the cluster but not letting clients join the AP

Posted Apr 10, 2017 03:02 AM

Hello all,  i setup an iAP 175 along with a lot of iap 105. I can see the iap 175 on the instant cluster. but when i try to connect to the iap 175 its not letting me join. what might be the issue here? I know that the iap got a dhcp IP address from the DHCP server and i can see the mac address of the iap on the virtual controller. but no clients are able to connect to the AP. Any help is highly appreciated.

thanks

• 2.  RE: IAP 175 joint the cluster but not letting clients join the AP

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 03:10 AM

Is the radios on the IAP set to Access to allow clients to connect, its not set to monitor by accident is it? Can you see the IAP175 broadcasting your configured SSID's?

• 3.  RE: IAP 175 joint the cluster but not letting clients join the AP

Posted Apr 10, 2017 03:29 AM

I done a purge via the console cable before connecting it to the cluster. the problem is there are a number of ap 105's in the area and i cannot really pinpoint weather they are broadcasting a signal or not. is there a better way of pointing out this without shutting down a whole area?

• 4.  RE: IAP 175 joint the cluster but not letting clients join the AP

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 03:33 AM

If you want to see if an individual IAP is broadcasting, run the below command on the specific IAP

#show ap bss-table

Don't forget it is the client which makes the decision which AP to connect to, so unless you can tell the client to connect to the IAP175 it will be an AP of its choice.

Surely you see the SSID's being broadcast on your client?

• 5.  RE: IAP 175 joint the cluster but not letting clients join the AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 06:51 AM

To find out if an AP is broadcasting, you need to SSH into the individual AP And type "show ap bss-table".

It is possible the IAP-175 is not allowing clients to join if you do not have the proper client VLAN trunked to the IAP-175.