Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 225 Wireless - Internet issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP 225 Wireless - Internet issue

Posted Sep 28, 2017 01:44 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

In our organisation, we are using Aruba IAP 225 and it is connected to switch (Access port). Only one vlan passing through that port so i made it as access port. if i connected to wireless i'm able to ping LAN IP's upto firewall but unable to ping Google DNS 8.8.8.8

From LAN i can able to ping 8.8.8.8

LAN port and AP connnected to same switch and same VLAN

Please help me to issue this ... TIA

• 2.  RE: IAP 225 Wireless - Internet issue

Posted Sep 28, 2017 03:09 AM

Hi,

U can try to check at your controller what is the IP route/Gaweway being configure.

Do a ping test to from your controller to 8.8.8.8 and see if its reachable.

Raymond.

• 3.  RE: IAP 225 Wireless - Internet issue

Posted Sep 28, 2017 03:13 AM

Thanks for replying..

We are not using controller but IAP 225 is acts like controller for that IAP i can able to ping Google DNS 8.8.8.8

But for client devices can't ping Google DNS 8.8.8.8. i can ping LAN ip's upto Firewall

• 4.  RE: IAP 225 Wireless - Internet issue

Posted Sep 28, 2017 04:04 AM

Can you share a bit more on the SSID that your created, ip subnet, VLAN etc ?

Normally for Instant we would configure Trunk port on the switch with VLANs of each SSID and AP management.

If you are using access port for the Instant AP, are you using a single subnet for your SSID and AP ?

• 5.  RE: IAP 225 Wireless - Internet issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2017 07:54 AM

sandeep.dj@systemtech.biz wrote:

Hi,

In our organisation, we are using Aruba IAP 225 and it is connected to switch (Access port). Only one vlan passing through that port so i made it as access port. if i connected to wireless i'm able to ping LAN IP's upto firewall but unable to ping Google DNS 8.8.8.8

From LAN i can able to ping 8.8.8.8

LAN port and AP connnected to same switch and same VLAN

Please help me to issue this ... TIA

If your client default gateway is the firewall, the firewall would have to allow and NAT the client subnet to your ISP to permit outbound traffic.

• 6.  RE: IAP 225 Wireless - Internet issue

Posted Sep 28, 2017 09:07 AM

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. will try on Firewall.