Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-93 and mounting

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-93 and mounting

Posted Apr 11, 2013 03:11 AM

Hi,

I'm crafting a small office installation and thinking about using IAP-93 on 5GHz only as all the laptops support 5GHz. Any caveats when going with this instead of just using IAP-105? I know most mobile phones don't support 5GHz yet but that shouldn't be an issue.

One thing I noticed is that AP-90-MNT-W2 mounting kit has a hole for the network cable on the back unlike AP-105 mounting kit which has a hole on the side. So the network cable basically has to come through the wall/ceiling. I guess the basic AP-90-MNT kit is a better option if the cable is drawn on a flat surface and not through a hole on the wall or ceiling. Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: IAP-93 and mounting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2013 10:36 AM

The AP-90-MNT-W2 mount has an opening at the top as well to allow feeding a cable when mounted to a flat surface.

• 3.  RE: IAP-93 and mounting

Posted Apr 12, 2013 02:53 AM

Thanks, I see it now looking at the installation guide. Is there any real difference using this for ceiling installation opposed to AP-90-MNT wall mount adapter?