Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP Firmware Downgrade Possible?

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  IAP Firmware Downgrade Possible?

Posted Jun 15, 2017 07:45 PM

Hello,

I have a few IAP-215 APs that are running firmware version 6.4.2.3-4.1.1.4_49446. When they were in-use, they were in an Instant environment. I decided to try to place them at a location that is still using a Mobility Controller 3200. The firmware on that unit is 6.3.1.8_44205. I'm assuming the firmware difference is my problem, but when I reset the IAP and convert it to a campus AP, it doesn't take. Just to be clear, I'm logging into the IAP and clicking the Convert tab on the Maintenance window and selecting Campus APs managed by a Mobility Controller and entering the IP address of our controller.

So my questions are, is the firmware different my problem, and is there a way to downgrade the version on the AP? I tried to do so with the firmware that's on the controller (I have it archived) by browsing to the file on the Firmware tab in the Maintenance window, but the process failed with the message, "Invalid image file." The name of the firmware file is ArubaOS_MMC_6.3.1.8_44205.

I supposed I could try upgrading the firmware on our controller and see that fixes the problem, but downgrading the firmware on a single AP seemed the least troublesome way to start.

Any thoughts or input? Thanks in advance!

Mark

• 2.  RE: IAP Firmware Downgrade Possible?
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: IAP Firmware Downgrade Possible?

Posted Jun 16, 2017 10:55 AM

Thanks Colin,

It's time to plan an upgrade :)

Mark

• 4.  RE: IAP Firmware Downgrade Possible?