Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP Firmware Version Question

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  IAP Firmware Version Question

Posted Jan 31, 2018 11:46 AM

when applying firmware to IAPs, is there a different firmware for IAP 205 and IAP 205 RW? Do they take the same firmware or do IAP 205 RW take a specific firmware.

• 2.  RE: IAP Firmware Version Question

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 31, 2018 12:00 PM

They will both take the same firmware. There is different firmware "flavours" for different IAP models (such as 205, 315 and so on). So for any 205 model, you would use the "Taurus" version of firmware. These are easily identified from the download page on the Aruba Support site.

• 3.  RE: IAP Firmware Version Question

Posted Jan 31, 2018 12:34 PM

thanks. i was curious because i updated all my IAP 205 and IAP 205 RW with the 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.2 firmware to match the firmware on the IAP 305 and now the RW APs are dropping users off the wireless randomly. when they connect to a wired connection all works fine.

• 4.  RE: IAP Firmware Version Question

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 01, 2018 03:19 AM

There coud be numerous reasons as to why a client is randomly disconnecting. The non-RW IAP's, which regulatory domain are from? You should only have a single regulatory domain/hardware within the same Instant Cluster. 

• 5.  RE: IAP Firmware Version Question

Posted Feb 01, 2018 12:05 PM

The RW access points are in their own Instant Cluster. i have 6 different clusters for different location which allows me to have different firmware versions. i just try to keep them the same. im going to preform a firmware downgrade on the 205's that are having the issue to see if it corrects itself. the APs are causing the issue, as i have connected affected pc's to a LAN line and the issues no longer occure.

• 6.  RE: IAP Firmware Version Question

Posted Feb 02, 2018 11:41 AM

update. i downgraded all of the IAP 205 RW access points from version Taurus 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.2_58595 to version Taurus 6.4.4.8-4.2.4.9_61734. all of the disconnect issue are resolved.