Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP and DHCP fingerprinting with freeradius

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP and DHCP fingerprinting with freeradius

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2017 03:13 AM

Hi Guys,

we are performing some tests with freeradius and IAP. I am not sure how can I setup DHCP fingerprinting on freeradius. I know it is possible with CPPM, but is it possible also with freeradius? Maybe IAP can include some DHCP options in radius requests?

Could someone help, please?

Miro

• 2.  RE: IAP and DHCP fingerprinting with freeradius

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2017 07:14 AM

What would you want freeradius to do?  DHCP fingerprinting is typically configured on the IAP....

• 3.  RE: IAP and DHCP fingerprinting with freeradius

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2017 07:19 AM

Hi Colin,

basically after successfull mac authentication of the user I would like to protect his mac to be not used by other devices.

So if user is first time succelsfully authenticated with the mac I want to store his DHCP options in rad database. As soon as user will authenticated for second time, after successfull auth I would like to check if provided DHCP options are the same then previously provided in the first authentication.

If mac auth is succesfull and DHCP options are the same user is allowed to connect.

If mac auth is successfull and DHCP options are not the same user will be blocked.

Would it be possible?

Miro

• 4.  RE: IAP and DHCP fingerprinting with freeradius

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2017 07:26 AM

Ah.  I am sure it is possible, I just don't know how.

• 5.  RE: IAP and DHCP fingerprinting with freeradius

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 06, 2017 03:24 AM

Hi Guys,

has someone any idea or at least some info where I can get needed info?

THX

Miro