Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP does not appear on 650 aruba controller.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP does not appear on 650 aruba controller.

Posted Jun 09, 2013 08:31 AM

I have a mobility controller 650 with OS 6.1.3.6, the controller has an internal IP address set on vlan1. the controller is connected to a L2 switch and is set to master. Im currently testing with 1 AP that is directly connected to the controller, the AP has an IP address of the same range as the controller. the controller cannot see the AP.

note: there is two old AP with a virtual controller running on one of the AP.

why the controller cannot see the AP, or the other two old AP.

• 2.  RE: IAP does not appear on 650 aruba controller.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2013 08:43 AM

1.  An IAP needs to be "converted" to work with a controller as a campus or remote AP.

2.  That controller needs to have ArubaOS 6.2 and above.

• 3.  RE: IAP does not appear on 650 aruba controller.

Posted Jun 09, 2013 09:39 AM

when I tried to configure the AP as a campus AP, I got the error faild to load image correctly. another question does the virtual controller cause any confilicts interms of: it is acting as a master and our controller is configured as a master.

I will also try to upgrade the OS  on the controller, if you have a link to a step to step guid it would be awesome.

also now i reset the AP and it is showing the instant wireless network but when I try to connect to instant.arubanetworks.com the webpage just times out. 

thank you very much for your fast reply, i know im all over the place but it is the first time im trying to install this network and im having all sorts of problems.

• 4.  RE: IAP does not appear on 650 aruba controller.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2013 09:41 AM
    Try to use a different browser to connect to instant if you can.

• 5.  RE: IAP does not appear on 650 aruba controller.

Posted Jun 10, 2013 08:57 AM

thank you very much for your help. we changed the AP to campus AP moblity controller, and pushed the certificates from the controller to the AP and now the controller can see the access point.