Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP with mixing of gn and ac clients issue

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  IAP with mixing of gn and ac clients issue

Posted May 08, 2018 01:32 AM

I just installed  IAP VC with around  4 units of IAP 207 and IAP 305 to our customer. The IAP 305 will be the preferred master VC. Current OS is 8.3.0.0-8.3.0. Their environment is mixed between gn and ac client. 

Now our customer reported me; they saw clients that're gn type were a poor performance (see picture). These gn clients are often time out when connecting to host (checking by using a ping command). Also found that bandwidth swings (not consistency).  Singnal strength is no issue.   Any suggestion, please.existing-result.png

Note: the configuration I used:

1. All of ClientAware, ClientScanning, ClientMatch, are enabled.

2. And min-tx-power 18, max-tx-power 24, band-steering-mode prefer-5ghz, air-time-fairness-mode default-access

• 2.  RE: IAP with mixing of gn and ac clients issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 08, 2018 07:46 AM

Try making the min-tx-power 12 and the max-tx-power 18.  Your power might be too high.

Can you send us the screenshot with the list of access points?

• 3.  RE: IAP with mixing of gn and ac clients issue

Posted May 08, 2018 08:05 AM

Thank for your suggestion. I'll consult customer tomorrow. Here is a snapshot of existing devices.list.png

• 4.  RE: IAP with mixing of gn and ac clients issue

Posted May 10, 2018 07:00 AM
      |   view attached

After adjusted, customer still found the problem - sometimes client gets timeout and low speed inspite of not far from access point.

I also attached our configuration. In addition customer infromed that the WLAN adapter client was automatic adjusted speed. Sometimes it can change to ac. Then an, finallly gn. When it's gn, connection will lose or inconsistency.

Attachment(s)

txt
    backup_20180510_1715.txt   6 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: IAP with mixing of gn and ac clients issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 10, 2018 07:12 AM

Under RF> ARM, uncheck 80 mhz.  80 mhz channels should not be used with client density.

• 6.  RE: IAP with mixing of gn and ac clients issue

Posted May 10, 2018 07:30 AM

Thanks. Will feedback you tomorrow.

• 7.  RE: IAP with mixing of gn and ac clients issue

Posted May 11, 2018 05:44 AM

After disabled 80 mhz. Problem on clients still occured (see picture). We found that during client notebook adapted to a new speed, timeout would occur. result-1.png

• 8.  RE: IAP with mixing of gn and ac clients issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 11, 2018 07:57 AM

Please PM me the tech support.

• 9.  RE: IAP with mixing of gn and ac clients issue

Posted May 14, 2018 07:02 AM

Just sent to you a few seconds.

• 10.  RE: IAP with mixing of gn and ac clients issue
    Best Answer

Posted May 17, 2018 06:50 AM

With a good supporting from Aruba TAC and CJoseph, now the issue was found. The issue came from the 2nd DHCP server that was generated another subnet in the IAP main subnet.