Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP225 vs Consumer grade routers Linksys, Netgear etc with TriBand and MU-MIMO

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP225 vs Consumer grade routers Linksys, Netgear etc with TriBand and MU-MIMO

Posted Jul 18, 2017 06:27 PM

so i have IAP 225 deployed in a small location i did not use a controller. We recently got the Gig internet from FIOS and that got me looking into new routers with access points and i am wondering if all these terms Tri-Band and MU-MIMO just sales hype or is this something worth looking into? This is a demo site with around 10-15 devices streaming using internet browsing etc at any given time.

• 2.  RE: IAP225 vs Consumer grade routers Linksys, Netgear etc with TriBand and MU-MIMO

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2017 06:37 PM
    You would not necessarily choose Aruba Instant just for performance over a SOHO solution. You would choose it for plenum rating, flexible authentication capabilities, monitoring and filtering capabilities and the ability to perform interference mitigation. Instant also has periodic big fixes and updates and a limited lifetime warranty.

Make the choice that makes the best sense for you, but be aware of the nuances.