Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAPs of Low-end model does not recommend to use Virtual Networks(NAT)?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAPs of Low-end model does not recommend to use Virtual Networks(NAT)?

Posted Nov 11, 2018 08:10 PM

Hi everyone.

This is the first posting.
    If someone knows, could you tell me?

I heard IAPs of Low-end model(ex: AP303/IAP207/IAP103) does not recommend to use Virtual Networks(NAT) of InstantOS in due to spec is low.
    Is this true?

I could not find about it in User Guides and more.

• 2.  RE: IAPs of Low-end model does not recommend to use Virtual Networks(NAT)?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 11, 2018 08:18 PM

I don't see that anywhere.  Can you please be more specific?

I know if you configure a WLAN with "Virtual Controller Assigned" VLAN it will NAT all guest traffic out of the ip address of the virtual controller.  Is that what you are talking about?  It should just work and is not discouraged.  If you can point me to a link that gives any more info on this, that would be appreciated.

• 3.  RE: IAPs of Low-end model does not recommend to use Virtual Networks(NAT)?

Posted Nov 11, 2018 08:36 PM

thanks for reply early.

Of course, I have never heard it until now.

But I got such this answers from the manufacturer after escalating to the distributor and I was surprised. So I posted it to would like to confirm it.

• 4.  RE: IAPs of Low-end model does not recommend to use Virtual Networks(NAT)?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 13, 2018 11:18 PM

I'm still not sure what the question is. If it's that you shouldn't use client NATing from the VC, so long as the user counts are low you should be fine. Those APs were designed for low client counts. They also should not be used as the VC for large IAP deployment. 

• 5.  RE: IAPs of Low-end model does not recommend to use Virtual Networks(NAT)?

Posted Nov 14, 2018 01:23 AM

thanks for your answer.

I am planning to buy new IAPs now but our budget is so tight. (sorry, our company is poor..)
    Also, I am planning to make 2 SSIDs for employee and guest.
    But it can't separate our network and would not like to appear our networks to a guest(include network address) for our security policy.
    So I'd like to use Virtual Networks(NAT) for hiding our networks.

In the first, I considered to choose IAPs of Low-end model but it's not recommended to use it due to performance is very low after I took counsel with the distributor.

But I could not find about it in the Web, User Guides and more and I posted it to would like to confirm.
    Is this true?

If true, is it better to choose IAP305 and upper models?
    IAP 305 and AP 303 look like the same model after I used comparison on the web and it's difficult to judge...(I thought this information is a bit poor)